Sunday, March 6, 2011

first thing's first.

The Lord has been graciously revealing himself to me in new ways recently. And it is shaking me to the core- in a very good way.

I can so easily make this journey I'm on (living the Christian life) something that it's not. I can so easily make other aspects of my faith more important than the one aspect that should always, consistently be first- loving God. Loving God in every way- with my mind, soul, heart and strength. Every part of my being should love God.  His Word is true. And, if I love God, I will in turn love people. If I can do these two things, I've got it. Everything else hangs on these two commands.

Understanding that He is returning for a pure and spotless bride is pivotal. The Lord has been giving me more of a revelation of this as well. It is so worth it for the Lord to shine His light in my heart to expose any darkness in it so it can be dealt with now. I am always in need to of His grace. It is His grace that exposes the sin in my heart. It is His grace that helps me to repent. It is His grace that helps me to receive forgiveness. And it is His grace that helps me to walk in righteousness. I want to be found pure and spotless in His sight when He returns. Grace, grace, grace. Thank you, Jesus, for your blood!

It's not about winning souls. It's not about a successful ministry. It's not about writing books or preaching sermons. It's about loving God with all that I am. It's all about the position of my heart. These things can be a reflection of a heart that truly loves God- but it's all about God. First thing's first. After all, He did say- Seek first the kingdom of heaven and all these things shall be added to you.

He wants love.

We are made in His image. We desire to be loved and wanted. So does He- it is the first commandment He gave us.

Lord, help me to love you rightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment