Tuesday, February 15, 2011

mystery.

This may be jumbled. These are simply my thoughts this morning.

I am young. 22 years, 9 months and 17 days- to be exact. The more time goes by and the older I get, the more I learn about God. The more I learn about God, the more I learn how much I don't know about God. They mystery of God- the Trinity- God in the flesh, Jesus Christ- the Holy Spirit dwelling inside of me... wow. I lose sleep over this stuff.

God. Really became a man? yes.

Philippians 2:6-11. Really? yes.

God doesn't live in time. He's in the beginning, right now, and the end. In this very moment I type. Really? yes.

Jesus cried out to God in desperation before being arrested because he knew what was to come. He is a man. He is fully God. Really? yes.

The Holy Spirit is just as much God as the Father and the Son. Really? yes.

They're 3. They're 1. They're 1. They're 3. Really? yes.

These "really's" aren't doubt- they're simply grappling over and over and over trying to wrap my mind around these truths.

The one that gets me the most is Jesus- stepping down from heaven in all his authority and becoming a man. umm... an infant. helpless. what? really? whoa. He was a child, a teenager, a young adult. Jesus expanded the Kingdom of God on earth. He is why I share in this Kingdom- I have been grafted in. I'm not from Jewish descent. whoa. As I write this my mind is racing trying to somehow wrap my mind around this concept... but it can't. shesh. God himself- as a man- was the sacrifice so I could share in his Kingdom. He loves all mankind. He always has. From this point on I'll just be rambling... so I shall stop :)

I could write endlessly on this... the mysteries of God... and I'm only 22 years, 9 months, and 17 days old. There is so much more to discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment