Thursday, February 10, 2011

today, it snowed.

hi friends.

this is what I woke up to this morning.
It sure is pretty.
I wish snow brought me as much joy as it does dread. 
Regent had a 2 hour delay today- hooray!! To bad my class started at 10:30.... 
Running a tad bit behind, I approached my snow-covered car. I took a notebook out and scraped my windows clean. As I scraped off the first thick layer of snow the wind shifted and the snow completely covered me head to toe as I said out loud to myself, "really?" I proceeded to scrape and scrape and scrape and came to grips with the fact I'd be going to school wet today. I tossed my snowy notebook into the back of my car and got in... I put my head on the steering wheel knowing that only slushy, slick roads and scared, slow drivers were ahead of me on my trek from the oceanfront to Regent and prepared myself. I said, "God, please help me... I'm not very happy right now", and then started driving. The traffic was slow and at one point bumper to bumper. I passed several accidents as my heart broke knowing those peoples days were ruined (But, praise God there were no ambulances!). I pulled into the library parking lot a few minutes late, but thankfully finding parking was not a problem! I suppose many did not see the worth in venturing out in the snow for class, understandably. As soon as I got to class, I was able to relax and enjoy some Robert Frost. Now, I'm not one for literature and poems, but today I especially enjoyed it. Now that it is 12:40pm, I look back on my morning and I am disappointed in my pessimistic view and semi-bad attitude. The Lord is so good to me- what do I really have to complain about? Nothing. Praise God for his grace and his love for me! Today, is a good day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment