Friday, November 12, 2010

sea shell

I am not one to write poems (if that's what this is...)- it's simply just my heart.

I am a seashell
Being tossed from wave to wave
Crashing 'round by the inconsistencies of life
Sometimes I feel strong
At times, oh so weak
And sometimes I feel brave
Then at times, I cower in fear
At the top of the wave I am free- full of life and a moment of bliss
As it curls, I fight it in a panic
And crash to the bottom of the sea
Sometimes I'm full of faith
At times, I can't help but doubt
And sometimes I walk in grace
Then at times, I fight my fights alone
At the bottom of the sea I am pulled out to deep waters
Deeper, deeper
And in a sudden, rise up and get caught in the wave
Swiftly I rise to the top- full of life and a moment of bliss
Then it curls
Sometimes I'm so secure
At times, I don't know who I am
And sometimes I'm so content
Then at times, can't seem to live in the moment

Though life is inconsistent- in every way- there is one constant in my life.
He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment