Thursday, October 28, 2010

cling.

When I look back, my times of deepest pain and sorrow have also been my sweetest times with Jesus. To be in a place where nothing [nothing] can bring about any relief whatsoever but Jesus Christ. Even then, I wouldn't consider it "relief" but the only thing you have hope in to keep your heart beating. This may sound a bit dramatic- but, this is really how I've felt at times. Maybe you've been there before, and know what I'm talking about. If not, I hope you go there one day soon [as terribly painful as it is]- to experience truly clinging to Jesus. Clinging to Jesus.

Today, Jason Upton came to my school to do a short one-hour sharing and q&a time. It was so refreshing. It was all about Jesus. I think Christians would be so better off if every sermon was always pointed toward Jesus. The moment Jesus is reduced or eliminated, there are major problems. Jesus is everything. Jesus is who hung on the cross bearing my sin and shame. Jesus is the one who conquered death. And Jesus is the one returning for a [pure] bride with fire in his eyes. Keep my eyes focus on Jesus- the author and perfecter of my faith. There will always be something new to discover and learn about Jesus. Cultivating a wonder about God is so necessary for a Christian. 

Jesus is so real. 

he is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth
visible and invisible
whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities
all things were created by him and for him.
he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 
and he is the head of the body, the church
he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead
so that in everything he might have the supremacy
for God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him and through him to reconcile to himself all things
whether things on earth or things in heaven 
by making peace through his blood shed on the cross
[to present you holy in his sight- without blemish and free from accusation]
Colossians 1:15-20;22

1 comment:

  1. I love what jason upton said about holiness. What is unholy is being something that you are not. striving to become something you were never made to be.... holiness is being all of who Jesus created you to be.... Whewwww Lord help us to be holy!!! :) ))))))) xox love you jess

    ReplyDelete