Tuesday, December 21, 2010

DC's pretty neat.

I spent a fun weekend with two good friends in DC. We certainly exhausted our time together. I'm still recuperating.

Let's start at the beginning...


The three of us were planning on heading out of VAB around noon on Friday. When it took me an hour and a half on the snowy roads to go about 14 miles, I knew we'd probably have to wait... to kill some time, we took some creative pics with our friend, Eric.

Around 7:30 we figured the roads would mostly be plowed and we should head out. Halfway through the trip my windshield wiper fluid froze (we weren't sure what was wrong with it at the time, but my mom admitted to me yesterday that she had put windex in it last time I was home instead of wiper fluid.... which doesn't freeze). The salt was caked on my wind shied so thickly, I had to stop and do something about it...

Around 12:30am we finally made it to my house. We stayed up til about 2am doing push ups...

The next morning, Tim headed out super early to DC, while Kelc and I slept a little more. We headed out the the metro and arrived in DC around 11. We first went to the Smithsonian- Natural History.

We saw dinos...

an elephant...
...and a bunch of other cool stuff we didn't take pictures of.

Then, Tim met up with us and we headed to the Capitol...


piggy backs!

jump!


We ate a quick lunch...

yummy yum yum

Then we proceeded to get a tour of the Capitol building by Tim's friend, Robby. Whom is now Kelcey's and my friend as well.

giving Abe a little love


Robby's so smart


America the Beautiful


circle of friendship


We toured the Capitol for a couple hours... it was a blast! I didn't know the Capitol was so fun.







We then headed out to Union Station for just a few minutes to hop on the metro and found a big Norwegian-American Christmas tree!
We headed home to celebrate my Dad's Birthday. Unfortunately, all of his sisters were sick with some stomach flu... so the party was little. Just my mom, Kelc, Sonny, Sarah, me and a couple of my neighbors.
caught Daddy mid-blink. oops!
Kelc and I started the next day getting our hair cut! Then we drove to Robby's house to meet up with Tim. We started the day at the Eastern Market (I think...)

mmm hot dog

 
market!
 
yummy cookies and croissants









After our adventure in the market, we went to Chinatown. Now, I was a little disappointed with Chinatown. I def didn't feel like I was in a different country.  
china china!
We were kinda wore out at this point, so we relaxed for a bit in a Starbucks then headed back to Robby's for a bumpin Christmas party!
Me, Kelc and Robby
friends :)








Later that night we ventured out and got a late night shot by the Capitol!
Robby was kind enough to open his home to Kelc and I to stay the night at "Hotel Robby". The next morning Tim, Kelc, and I headed to a yummy brunch. Before parting ways, Tim prayed for all of us and we said our good-byes.  

If I could sum up this weekend in one simple phrase, it would be this:


No comments:

Post a Comment