Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Weight of the World.

Sometimes (often, to be quite honest) I am overwhelmed by the suffering and sorrow in the world. Whether it's a teenager experiencing their first heartbreak or a starving child in Africa- it makes my heart ache, ache, ache. I feel as if the weight of the world rests upon my shoulders at times. I believe Sara Groves says (sings) it best saying, "Lord, I have a heavy burden of all I've seen and know. It's more than I can handle. But your word is burning like a fire shut up in my bones, and I can't let it go. Lord, it's all that I can't carry and cannot leave behind. It all can overwhelm me. But when I think of all who've gone before and lived a faithful life, their courage compels me. So when I'm weary and overwrought with so many battles left unfought... I think of Paul and Silas in the prison yard. I hear their song of freedom rising to the stars. I see the shepherd Moses in the Pharaoh's court. I hear his call for freedom for the people of the Lord. And when the saints go marching in, I want to be one of them". So what can one 22-year old woman do? I'm not quite sure yet... but I've got to do something. My heart longs for the Lord to make all things new- wipe every tear from their eyes. What a beautiful promise. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qEjRLlL9iE

No comments:

Post a Comment