Tuesday, October 19, 2010

forgiveness, joy and country music.

[forgiveness]
Reaching deep inside, swallowing your pride, and forgiving, brings freedom.
Thank you, Jesus. It is only because of the goodness of Jesus Christ that I have the grace to truly forgive.
Living with unforgiveness in your heart puts a thick brick wall between you and freedom [and joy].
Forgive those who have wronged you (whether they have asked forgiveness or not). Ask forgiveness to whom you feel necessary- if in doubt, it's better to just ask forgiveness than not. And, forgive yourself.
Then, close your eyes. Breathe deeply. And smile.
Be free. And full of joy.


 [joy]
I have come to realize that joy is not an emotion.
Joy is not happiness. Happiness can be a manifestation of joy. But it is not joy itself.
Joy is a fruit of the Spirit. Along with love. peace. patience. kindness. goodness. faithfulness. gentleness. self-control. 
None, which at its core, is an emotion. 
The fruits of the Spirit are character. 
(this all is huge for me... I'm truly learning what joy really is)
So, joy is character. Which has the potential to grow. or wither. 

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything" James 1:2-3

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2

Could joy be best defined in seasons of hardship? heartbreak? suffering? pain? mourning?
It seems so contradictory to what I've always believed joy to be. 
Joy, I believe, is very closely related to hope.
You hope in things that have not yet happened. Joy is a motivation behind hope.
So, joy may not just be laughs and smiles and bliss after all.



[country music]
Anyways, I've been listening to a lot of country/bluegrass/folk music. Which is kinda weird for me- I've never been into country music. But, I'm lovin it right now.
It gives me this homey, happy, sentimental feeling. I feel like I can relate to so many of the stories told in country music. I've caught myself saying "That's right, girl!" or "Amen" to certain songs. 

That's all I have to say for now :)

1 comment:

  1. YESSSS!!!! Country music makes me so happy!! i seriously think its better than christian music most of the time!!

    ReplyDelete